BUILT ON THE FOUNDATION OF THE APOSTLES AND PROPHETS, WITH CHRIST JESUS HIMSELF AS THE CHIEF CORNERSTONE.
1863 Original 23 charter members of St. Matthew sign constitution of the congregation.
1864 Church and parsonage built (at a cost of $2800). School is held in parsonage and taught by Pastors.
1879 School room is added to rear of church ($95). 19 students attend first year.
1889 4 acres added to church property. One room school is built to accommodate 100 students.
1893 First teacher is called to teach 53 students.
1923 English language services introduced. Prior to then they were all in German.
Original church burns down.
1942 Congregation vows to stay together and worships in the school until the new chapel (our current one) could be completed.
Services held in school auditorium for 7 years.
Construction is delayed due to lack of materials during WWII.
1949 Current chapel completed.
1953 School expands to 3 classrooms. Kindergarten added.
1959 School up to 182 students and 5 teachers.
Addition added to church.
Periodic German services discontinued.
1960 Current parsonage built.
1963 Cornerstone is laid for current school on our 100th anniversary.
1964 Current school dedicated. (cost $250,000) 165 students and 6 teachers.
1989 School receives National Lutheran School Accreditation, which it continues to maintain.
1990 Groundbreaking for existing sanctuary.
1992 Sanctuary completed.
1993 Preschool started.
2013 150th Anniversary Celebration of St. Matthew Lutheran Church and School